Going to Australia is a wonderful experience of a life time. The families live in spacious houses where you will have your own room, you will live as part of the family or be more independent depending on what kind of family you are looking for.
You will be responsible for caring for the children and all the house chores related to them. Most of the Australian have a house keeper so heavy housework will not be required.
Your level of English must be good enough not to take any English lessons as Australia and New Zeland do not offer proper au pair classes suitable for an au pair timetable. We suggest you mix with the local community by taking part in social events, sport or any other activities and your English will improve drastically this way.
|Au pair in Australie|
|Number of hours per week||20 to 45 hours. Number of hours will be specified when we give you the details of the potential family.|
|Babysitting/ week||1 or 2 nights|
|Responsibilities||The au pair cares for the children and child care related chores: taking to school, homework, meals, bath, activities, tidying up the child’s bedroom, hoovering the room, ironing the child’s clothes. The au pair must be flexible as all the families are not the same and duties asked will vary from one family to another|
|Number of days off per week||2|
|ocket money/ week||AU$120 [20 hours], AU$200 [35 hours], AU$220-250 [40 hours], AU$270 [45 hours].
It seems that more and more families offer a bonus by the end of the stay, yet we cannot guarantee and plan ahead if this is going to be the case for you.
|Holidays||2 weeks for a 12 months stay, 1 week for a 6 months to 10 months stay|
|Length of stay||6 months minimum but a lot of families require an au pair for a 10/ 12 months period|
The steps within our office to process your application :
In country support
To apply you need:
- To fill in the application form that you will also find in the “how to apply” page
- to provide at least 2 childcare references, 1 character reference, 1 parent reference and the self assessment form (forms supplied)
- 1 passport photograph to attach to application form
- 1 medical certificate (form supplied)
- the placement terms and conditions form signed
- 1 criminal record check
- A dear family letter
- a photo album (2 A4 sheets please, no more)
- your fees: 280 euros payable as follows:
- by bank transfer to our account (please ask for our bank details)
- by euro cheque
- by foreign cheque (please add up 20€ for bank fees as they charge us for processing foreign cheques). Please make sure exchange rate is accurate and totalise 300€
- by International Postal order (dont forget to enclose with your application the voucher for our attention)